Monday, March 5, 2012

Duncormick

I painted with a few friends yesterday at the little South Wexford village of Duncormick. Quite a picturesque little place with a number of historic buildings and a river/bridge, so plenty to paint. But the place was worth a visit just to meet and chat with legendary publican John (Sam) Sinnott - a really nice man and proud owner of an authentic Irish country pub, unlike the places most tourists are lured into. The water addict in me took over again, and I just had to paint the river. For my first one, I went for the obvious and painted this "contre jour" view:-

Spring Sunlight, Duncormick
(14" x 11" Oil on Board)























My second one still has water in it, but it's got more to do with the shadow patterns on the bridge than the water below:-

Afternoon Shadows, Duncormick
(10" x 12" Oil on Board)






These are photos of both scenes, taken before I started (the sun disappeared just as I took the second photo, but it soon returned):-







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another pair of strong images.

Michael McGuire said...

Thanks Mick. I presume you watched that cracker last Sunday. What a football match!