Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thomastown Paint-Out and Daffodils

An enjoyable day painting with some friends in the village of Thomastown, Co Kilkenny last Sunday (10/3/'12). Disappointingly cloudy, but at least it remained dry all day and it was fairly mild for the time of year too. Thomastown has some really interesting buildings, especially when viewed from the river, so I focused on these. I painted the old mill for my first one - it now operates as a craft centre/school.

Grennan Mill, Thomastown
(12" x 12" Oil on Board)






















For my second, I just turned around looking the opposite direction and liked the red glow of this building on an otherwise very dull afternoon.

The Red House, Thomastown
(11" x 14" Oil on Board)




I did this quickie of some daffodils in my garden on Saturday (10/3/'12) - the sun obliged for an hour or so.

Coolree Daffodils
(12" x 10" Oil on Board)





These are photos of the two scenes in Thomastown and the bunch of daffodils:-












No comments: