Monday, July 5, 2010

Some Paintings from Enniscorthy and Bunclody

I painted the first of these a couple of weeks back with a few friends in Enniscorthy. The reflections in the water were my main focus, but I added historic Vinegar Hill in the background to make it unmistakeably Enniscorthy.

Summer Reflections, Enniscorthy
(12" x 16" Oil on Canvas)



The remaining paintings were painted at a group paint-out in Newtownbarry House a couple of days later. It was a perfect day for plein air painting with uninterrupted sunshine all day.

I couldn't resist the early morning light on the lake to the front of the house for my first painting:-

Morning Reflections, Newtownbarry House
(12" x 10" Oil on Canvas)




I was drawn to the contrast between the direct sunlight and reflected light in this little area behind the old kitchen for my second effort:-

Red Doors, Newtownbarry House
(12" x 10" Oil on Canvas)




Finally, I like the sunlight and shadow patterns on the open gate leading to the walled garden, but there also some interesting dappled light on the pathway and grass in the foreground:-

Towards the Garden, Newtownbarry House
(12" x 10" Oil on Canvas)





Here are some photos of the scenes:-












No comments: