Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November Floodwater, Edenvale

It was a beautiful day today, if a little chilly, so I headed back to Edenvale to see if I could catch the last of the autumn colour. I also tested myself by trying a larger canvas (14" x 18"). Surprisingly, it only took me about 2 hours, with another 15 minutes touch-ups in the studio when I got back. This is only marginally longer than I usually spend on smaller panels.

This time I remembered to take progress shots, which someone on Wetcanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/) had requested.

Firstly, here is the finished painting:-

November Floods, Edenvale
(14" x 18" Oil on Canvas)




Here are the progress shots:-













The only difference between the above image and the finished painting at the top of this thread is some minor adjustment to the foreground left bank and a few hints of grass in the right foreground. Other than that, I just filled in a few bare patches here and there.

Finally, here is a photo of the scene I took before starting:-



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing us your WIP. :)

Michael McGuire said...

For once I remembered, Carolyn. Usually I just get so absorbed in the process when working plein air that I just forget to take photos.