Monday, August 31, 2009

Stormy Day, Annestown, Co Waterford

Our local plein air group had a paint-out in Annestown yesterday on Waterford's beautiful "Copper Coast". Unfortunately it started out foggy, then got wet and then very wet and windy. I managed to paint this when it was between "foggy" and "wet". It actually was fairly dry for about a half hour and then drizzle for about another 15 minutes. I was surprised I got so much done in about 45 minutes (about 80% finished)  before the weather defeated me - finished it this morning in the studio.

Stormy Day, Annestown, Co Waterford
(11" x 14" Oil on Board)


















This was my block-in:-





















And this is how much I got done on location:-




















Finally, here are a couple of photos of the scene, one when I started and the other when it began raining:-
















No comments: