Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Summer's Day in March!

Yesterday was just beautiful here, clear blue sky all day, and barely a breeze. Temepratures not too bad either, got up to about 10C (50F). So I made the best of the conditions and drove to place called "Sliabh Coillte" about a half hour drive from my home. Great views from there on a clear day, but if it's windy, not the place to spend a day painting! I got three almost finished on location, and then spent about twenty minutes or so on each of them in the studio this afternoon.

I couldn't resist these old farm buildings enhanced by the strong backlighting:-

Morning Glow, Near Sliabh Coillte
(10" x 12" Oil on Canvas)



















For my second, I drove about half way up the hill, and this patchwork of fields dissappearing into the afternoon haze caught my eye:-


Afternoon Haze, Sliabh Coillte
(10" x 12" Oil on Canvas)



















I was on my way home when this view on the way down tempted me into doing a third one:-

Evening Shadows, Sliabh Coillte
(10" x 12" Oil on Canvas)




















These are photos of the three scenes taken before I started painting:-


































No comments: