Monday, January 17, 2011

First-Paint Out of 2011!

I finally got back into painting yesterday after almost two months of inactivity. So firstly a belated Happy New Year to all the followers of this blog. And now that I'm back, I promise no more lengthy breaks from painting!

Well I have some of my painting colleagues to thank for persuading me to get back out there. We had our first group paint-out of 2011 yesterday.  An overcast morning gave way to some pleasant afternoon sunshine, even though we didn't see to much of it in the deep forested valley of Edenvale.

This was my first one from the morning. The river was in flood, hence the dull colours and absence of any clear reflections.

Winter Stream, Edenvale
(10" x 12" Oil on Board)


















Even though the cloud cleared in the afternoon, the low sun had virtually disappeared, but I managed to catch a glimpse of it in the distance in this scene.

Heading Home, Edenvale
(10" x 12" Oil on Board)


















Here is a photo of the first scene taken before I started painting:-


















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see you back and even better to see that you've hit the road running.

Michael McGuire said...

Thanks Mick. Well, jogging maybe! Felt very rusty. I think I need to get to the seaside to get some decent light. Maybe tomorrow.